More Late Nite Musings
Hey guys, I know I haven’t posted much lately in the way of art or comics, but that’s cuz I’m working on a bunch of stuff atm, both art and real life related. So here are a few bullet notes to let y’all know I’m actually alive or whatever.
- I’m working on making a Sanpozeit/comix/sketchbook book at the moment. I’ve had a few personal friends express interest in wanting one once its complete, but I will be selling it online when its done. As much as I’d like to directly sell it through Etsy and hand-mail em myself, I just don’t have the money to do that. I think I get why people do Kickstarters and stuff now, haha. Maybe I’ll open up a Patreon or something…
- I am still doing Sanpozeit! My Tuesdays and Wednesdays leave me pretty much dead, I write and run errands on Thursdays and my Mondays have been becoming more and more busy with schoolwork and podcast work and stuff. I try to do my best to get comics down when I get an idea or whatever though. So yeah, stay tuned. A lot of my comic energy is going towards this book.
- I’ve got at least two collab projects I’m working on right now (one is Mario themed, one is Katamari themed) so expect to see those soon. I’m also working on getting together a new cartoon pitch and maybe doing some preliminary/tryout work for another cartoon project too? Don’t get your hopes (or mine) up for the latter. Or the the first really. I dunno. I’m still working on Uncle Adventure too. This would be a lot easier if I didn’t have school atm, honestly.
- Go see The LEGO Movie, guys. The animation is really nice and clever, it’s really funny, and the writing is really really good. I’m especially surprised about the latter, because as funny as Meatballs was, the story itself was a little flat, but the same team of writers have made an incredibly intelligently well thought out story with LEGO. Did I mention its just plain funny as hell? Cuz it is.
- If any of y’all will be at PAX East, I’ll be there too, but I’ll be there on business, so I might be hard to flag down? We’ll see. I’m also making plans to go to TCAF this year.
I am personally flipping back and forth between insanely anxious and insanely content. But life is good. I hope to get more art and good news up here for you guys soon. And seriously, keep an eye out for that book. I just got an email saying the first proof was approved so now I just need to do some more background work. Thanks for keeping up with my stupid shit, guys!
Anonymous asked: Please tell me that Lakewood Plaza Turbo is going to be made into a show?!?! Also, what college did you go to? I'm starting to feel like you have to go to Calarts to work on a CN show. How does one become an artist on CN or cartoons in general?
I went to the School of Visual Arts in NYC. You don’t have to go to CalArts to work at CN. It’s close by so there are a lot of CalArts graduates working at California studios(go figure!)… But so many of the artists working here didn’t go any particular school. Don’t make assumptions that put roadblocks in front of your dream. You deserve better than that!!
keep working. make your own comics and cartoons and show it to as many people as you can. keep being a fan of things and work hard on learning from people you admire and follow in their footsteps. don’t say “no” to opportunity and try your absolute hardest when you get a chance.
This guy has become one of my favorite artists in the past few months. And for good reason.